Free Samples, Contests, Coupons and other Great Free Stuff for Canadian Women.
What if I told you that you could have all the makings of an apple-pie in finger-food form? No kidding! We stumbled on this tantalizing recipe for Apple Pie Taquitos and just had to share with all our friends at WomenFreebies! Whether you’re looking for a potluck recipe or something sweet to make for dessert tonight, these crispy, flaky and delicious treats are sure to be a hit!
4 cups of thinly sliced apples
2 teaspoons of lemon juice
2 1/4 cups of water
1 cup of white sugar
3 tablespoons of cornstarch
1/2 teaspoon of cinnamon
1/4 teaspoon of salt
1/8 teaspoon of nutmeg
12 medium soft tortillas
1/4 cup of butter, melted
1/2 cup of sugar
1 tsp cinnamon
1. In a large bowl, toss apples with lemon juice & set aside. Pour water into Dutch oven over medium heat.
2. Combine sugar, cornstarch, cinnamon, salt & nutmeg, add to water then bring to a boil, stirring constantly.
3. Add apples and return to boil. Then reduce heat, cover and simmer for 8 minutes. Let cool completely.
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
2. In a shallow plate, mix together sugar & cinnamon
3. Lay a tortilla flat and top with a couple tablespoons of apple mixture.
4. Tightly roll it up, brush the tortilla with butter and roll it through the sugar & cinnamon mixture.
5. Repeat with remaining tortillas then bake for about 15 minutes or until taquitos turn golden brown.
If you’re short on time you can also use store bought apple pie filling. And why stop at dessert? Discover the handheld decadence of chicken fajita taquitos or even breakfast taquitos with sausage & egg. The options are truly endless! Which combinations will you try out first?
You work too hard for your money to throw it all away on full price when you don't have to!